Tonight is the 6th meeting of the season between the Warriors and Regina Pats. Moose Jaw is 4-0-1 against Regina, posting a 2-0 record at home. Moose Jaw has outscored Regina 24-17.
Antonin Honejsek leads the Warriors with five goals and eight points against the Pats; Dylan Hood has three goals and eight points; Quinton Howden has two goals and eight points; Spencer Edwards and Sebastian Svendsen have four goals and six points each; Collin Bowman has five assists; Kendall McFaull has three assists; Sam Fioretti, Matt Grant, Andrew Johnson, and Jordan Wyton have a goal and two points each; Thomas Heemskerk is 4-0-1 with a 3.38gaa and .882sv%.
Jordan Weal leads the Pats with four goals and eight points against the Warriors; Brandon Davidson has two goals and six points; Garrett Mitchell has two goals and five points; Myles Bell has a goal and five points; Lyndon Martell has a goal and two points; Damien Ketlo is 0-3 with a 4.46gaa and .885sv%; Matt Hewitt is 1-1 with a 4.39gaa and .865sv%.
Hot and Cold
- Kendall McFaull has one assist in the last 10 games
- Joel Edmundson has a goal and five points in the last eight games
- Morgan Rielly has three assists in seven games
- Dallas Ehrhardt has four assists in seven games
- Collin Bowman has two assists in seven games
- Sam Fioretti has one assist in 11 games
- Joey Kornelsen has a goal and two points in nine games
- Jesse Paradis has two assists in four games
- Cody Beach has two goals and seven points in the last seven games
- Sebastian Svendsen has three goals and seven points in the last seven games
- Quinton Howden has 10 goals and 16 points in the last 10 games
- Andrew Johnson has a goal and two points in the last five games
- Spencer Edwards has three goals and nine points in the last eight games
- Dylan Hood has two goals and 13 points in the last nine games
- Moose Jaw’s power play has four goals in the last four games (4-for-17)
- Moose Jaw’s penalty kill has allowed one goal in the last five games (21-for-22)
Head to Head
This is the second last game in the best rivalry in the WHL at the Moose Jaw Civic Centre as the Pats and Warriors will meet for the 6th of 8 meetings this season.
The Pats won their first game of the season against the Warriors the last time they met on January 29th at the Brandt Centre in Regina. The Pats found themselves down 3-0 early in the 2nd period when Lyndon Martell and Brandon Davidson scored to cut the lead to 3-2 heading into the 3rd. With 36 seconds left in the 3rd period and with the goalie pulled, Jordan Weal buried a loose puck at the side of the net to tie the game, then in overtime, Weal did it again with the winning goal 1:20 into extra time. It’s the only time this season that the Pats have won in overtime.
These two teams will finish their season series next weekend with a home and home series beginning Friday, March 11th in Regina and then the final game between the Pats and the Warriors at the “Crushed Can” 24 hours later.