Tonight is the first and only meeting of the season between the Warriors and Kelowna Rockets. The Rockets won their only meeting last season 2-1 in a shootout at the Civic Centre. The Warriors are 3-0-0-1 against Kelowna in the last four years, posting a 1-0-0-1 record at home and a 2-0 record on the road.
Ryan Stanton scored the only goal for the Warriors against Kelowna last season with Antonin Honejsek and Brendan Rowinski picking up the assists. Spencer Main scored in regulation against the Warriors for Kelowna and Max Adolph had the assist. Geordie Wudrick was pointless against Moose Jaw as a member of the Rockets, but had four goals and six points in three games against Moose Jaw while he was with Swift Current.
More to come on this matchup this afternoon...
Howden Brings Home Silver
Warriors forward Quinton Howden brought home silver from the World Junior Hockey Championships in Buffalo, New York. Canada beat Switzerland in the quarterfinals, then upset USA in the semi’s, but would give up five goals in the third period against Russia in the gold medal game. Howden had two goals and five points in seven games with Canada. He had one game winning goal, four penalty minutes, and was a +6. Antonin Honejsek and the Czech Republic finished the round robin with a 1-0-0-3 record and out of medal contention. Honejsek had two goals and four points in six games during the tournament. Both will join the Warriors on their current road trip.
Hot and Cold
- Morgan Rielly has a goal and eight point in the last 12 games.
- Dylan McIlrath has a goal and six points in the last 13 games. McIlrath has a goal and five points in the last eight games.
- Collin Bowman has six goals and 15 points in the last 21 games.
- Cody Beach has three goals and 16 points in 17 games with the Warriors. Beach has two goals and three points in the last five games.
- Quinton Howden has 12 goals and 17 points in the last 11 games.
- Spencer Edwards has 13 goals and 25 points in the last 20 games. Edwards has four goals and nine points in the last five games.
- Dylan Hood has 13 goals and 31 points in the last 22 games. Hood has nine goals and 23 points in the last 15 games. Hood has six goals and eight points in the last five games.
- Dallas Ehrhardt has 10 assists in the last 18 games
- Joey Kornelsen has four goals and 11 points in his last 19 games. Kornelsen has four goals and seven points in the last four games.
- Mackenzie Royer has five goals and eight points in 18 games with the Warriors
- Antonin Honejsek has eight goals and 13 points in the last 10 games
- Jesse Paradis has two goals and three points in the last four games.