Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

HOWDEN EXCITED FOR UPCOMING CAMP


Each year around this time, Hockey Canada selects the best of the best Canadian hockey players to battle it out for a roster spot on Canada’s World Junior team. Quinton Howden, draft pick of the Florida Panther’s was lucky enough to be selected.

“I was really excited when I received the call,” commented World Junior hopeful, Quinton Howden. “This has been something that I have dreamt of for a long time and it means I am one step closer to the team I want to make,” he added. Still with a big feat ahead of him, Howden will have to compete amongst Canada’s best players under 20 years old to find a roster spot. “I am really looking forward to camp, my mindset will be just to go in and play my game,” he said. “I am going to work hard and compete as hard as I can to earn myself a spot on the roster,” said Howden.

Howden will be joining players like Swift Current’s Cody Eakin, Regina’s Carter Ashton and many of the WHL, OHL and QMJHL elite players. 17 WHL players are invited to training camp where only a select few will make the final roster that will consist of player’s from the entire CHL.

No comments:

Post a Comment