Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hansen Rolling Along In Rookie Season

With the layover between Moose Jaw Warrior games just about over, the guys have been working hard getting ready for the weekend.

The tribe is riding a three game winning streak, and in those games, 16 year old rookie Carter Hansen has two goals and four points.

The 2010 first round bantam pick says he's enjoyed playing on a line with Quinton Howden and Cody Beach. "I consider myself very lucky and I have to keep my play up if I want to stay with them. As a 16 year old you don't really expect it, but I'm trying to make the best of it and hopefully it stays that way."

Hansen says hard staying at the speed of the two NHL signed prospects. "They're up at that NHL speed and I'm just coming into the league as a first year, it can be hard keeping up with them."

As the Craven product grows and develops, he says his linemates have been showing him the ropes. "I don't think they mind teaching me a few things every now and then. Sometimes it might get frustrating, but I'll try and keep learning and listen to them as much as possible."

Hansen says Beach and Howden are never shy to give him advice during a game. "Just where they want me to be on the power play and stuff, plus trying to do everything faster like shoot and stride, pass faster, don't hold onto the puck as much."

The Warriors are back at Mosaic Place this afternoon for their final practice before their weekends games. Friday night they renew their East Division rivalry with Saskatoon at Mosaic Place. This is their second meeting of the season, the Blades won 5-4 in overtime in the Bridge City back on October 11th.

On Sunday the Warriors host the Calgary Hitmen, which will mark the first time they'll play since making a four player trade in October. Moose Jaw picked up forwards Justin Kirsch and Kenton Miller, while Calgary acquired Collin Bowman and Joey Kornelsen.

Both games can be heard on Country 100, as well as online at DiscoverMooseJaw.com and mjwarriors.ca. James Gallo, Derek Kletzel, and Marc Smith are live from Mosaic Place with the PreGame Show at 6:40pm both nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment