Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Prospect Shayne Gwinner

Feature Prospect
Shayne Gwinner, Defense
2010 2nd Round pick, 44th overall

Seventeen year old, Shayne Gwinner hails from Drumheller, AB.  The six footer played his last season with the UFA Bisons with another Warrior prospect, Torrin White.  Shayne played in 32 games last season, putting away 2 goals and 18 assists and 64 PIM’s. 


Joining the tribe for 3 games, Gwinner said the time in Moose Jaw was exceptional.  “I loved it there—it was by far my best hockey experience.  The team and coaches were great,” he said. 


If you seen Shayne play while he visited the Friendly City, you would have seen a defensemen who moves the puck well and is very mobile.  Rob MacLachlan, Assistant Director of Hockey Operations/Director of Scouting liked Gwinner’s “on the edge” style of hockey.  Shayne believes that edge is an asset to his game, “I get pretty intense when I get into it.  I enjoy the rough part of the game while still maintaining my defensive skill while adding some offense.” 


Gwinner is a good skater with great vision.  Passing and coming up the ice are areas he excels in.  Shayne hopes that coaching staff in Moose Jaw take notice of all of these factors.  “I hope to give them my best look and standout as much as I can.  If there is a new coach in place, I want to catch his eye and stick a spot on next year’s roster.”


Shayne will be taking part on the June Prospects Camp.  Check him out on ice in Caronport Friday 3:00 and Saturday at both 10 and 3.  All sessions are 90 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment