Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Howden Interview- World Juniors


Quinton Howden has had quite the past 24 hours. He was kind enough to give me a few words regarding his exciting upcoming holiday season in Buffalo, NY.

M: How did you get the news?
Q: They made cuts this morning. If you were cut, they’d call your room anytime between 5:30 am and 9:00. At about 8:30, I got a knock on my door and the coaches were their congratulating us. I slept from 3 am to 5 am. That’s it.

M: What do think you showed the coaching staff over the past few days that earned you a spot?
Q: “My hard work and determination. I went out and just worked as hard as I could, was physical and showed that I am willing to fill any roster spot to make this team successful”.

M: Have you been to Buffalo before?
Q: “No, it will be my first visit”.

M: How great will it feel to put on the maple leaf?
Q: “It’s a huge honour. It’s something pretty special when you get to represent your country and on stage a this big, it will be extraordinary experience for sure.”

M: Your family is going to be coming down to Buffalo, what does it mean to you to have your family there?
Q: “Obviously pretty special…They’ve supported me my whole life so to have them come and support me out there will be pretty special.”

M: What happens today?
Q: “I think we have photos later today and from here we have a few exhibition games in Ontario and then head out to Buffalo”.

No comments:

Post a Comment