v. LethbridgeTonight is the first meeting of the season between the Warriors and Lethbridge Hurricanes. Last season Moose Jaw was 3-1 against Lethbridge. The Warriors were 2-0 at home and 1-1 on the road and outscored the Hurricanes 19-10.
Dylan Hood led the Warriors with three goals and seven points last season against the Hurricanes; Antonin Honejsek had two goals and six points; Spencer Edwards had two goals and five points; Dylan McIlrath and Jesse Paradis had a goal and two points each; Dallas Ehrhardt had two assist; Quinton Howden and Nathan MacMaster had one goal each.
Carter Bancks led the Hurricanes with two goals and five points against the Warriors; Cam Braes had a goal and four points; Brennan Yadlowski had four assists; Austin Fyten had two goals and three points; Mitch Maxwell had a goal and two points; Mike Reddington had two assists; Brandon Anderson was 0-2 with a 4.57gaa and .880sv%.
For the Hurricanes
Last Game: The Lethbridge Hurricanes had a pair of comebacks in the third but fell 3-2 in overtime to the Brandon Wheat Kings on Friday night. The Hurricanes battled a solid Wheaties lineup all night as Brandon tallied the lone goal through the first and second periods to hold a 1-0 lead. Lethbridge goaltender Brandon Anderson had another solid outing as he posted 27 saves through the first two periods to keep the Canes in it - Anderson would finish the night with 32 saves total. The Hurricanes finally found themselves on the board in the third as Mark Reners tallied his third of the season just 1:34 into the final frame to tie the score at 1-1. Assisting on his goal was rookie Adam Henry who joined the team in Brandon to start in place of the suspended Cason Machacek. Machacek was slapped with a 1 game suspension after Wednesday's game against Calgary and will return to action tomorrow in Moose Jaw. The Wheaties would take the lead once again however as they tallied with eight minutes gone in the third to make it 2-1. But these Lethbridge Hurricanes refused to fold once again as they replied with another goal from Reners - this time on the power play to tie the game for the second time. The Hurricanes power play would go 1 for 3 on the night for yet another solid outing as of late while the penalty kill did it's job holding the Wheaties to 0 for 4 with the man advantage. Finally, aftr earning their single point the Canes were unable to stifle the Brandon offence as Scott Glennie notched an OT winner to save the bonus point for the home team.
Hot and Cold for the Tribe
- Morgan Rielly has a goal and four points in the last five games- Dylan McIlrath is pointless in the last three games. He has two goals and five points in the last eight games
- Collin Bowman has three goals and six points in the last five games
- Sam Fioretti is pointless in the last four games
- Danny Gayle is pointless in the last four games. He has three goals and six points in the last seven games
- Nathan MacMaster has two assists in the last five games
- Quinton Howden has three goals and seven points in the last six games. He has eight goals and 16 points in the last 12 games
- Spencer Edwards has six assists in his last five games
- Dylan Hood has two goals and five points in his last four games.
- Antonin Honejsek has four goals and eight points in his last seven games