Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Warriors Look To Dull Blades

A pre season weekend home and home series with Saskatoon starts tonight for the Moose Jaw Warriors.

The guys have been practicing all week at Mosaic Place and forward Jordan Wyton says all the in house battles have brought them closer.

"A lot of guys have stepped up, practices have been really hard lately. A lot of wall battles, one-on-one battles, and from that it's going to build into the game and what we need to work on as a team."

With competition tight on the Warriors depth chart, the sophomore forward says he plans on playing to his strengths to get noticed. "I just try to play my role and do what I think I do best. From there I just go with from what happens."

Entering his second year in the WHL, Wyton says he's ready to take on added duties. "I think I'm going to get more ice time, I have more weight on my shoulders, it's my second year now. I just have to accept my challenge going ahead and move on with it."

The Warriors are at Mosaic Place tonight and then head up to the Bridge City tomorrow for the back half of the weekend series. The players aren't looking past this weekend, but Wyton admits that everyone is excited for the regular season and home opener next week.

"Pre Season has been a good time to bond with the new teammates that are here, but I think it's time to get the regular season started."

Tonight's Warriors and Blades clash at Mosaic Place marks the return of Warriors Hockey on Country 100. James Gallo, Derek Kletzel, and Marc Smith are on the air with the Pre Game Show at 6:55pm.

Friday WHL Pre Season schedule;
Saskatoon v Moose Jaw
Regina v Brandon
Kootenay v Lethbridge
Swift Current v Prince Albert
Edmonton v Red Deer
Kamloops v Prince George
Vancouver v Everett
Kelowna v Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment