Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Warriors Arnold Enjoying Life In MJ

As the Warriors make their way to their final pre season games, one member of the tribe is finding his way in the WHL

19 year old Swiss forward Eric Arnold is new to the league and says it takes awhile to get used to physical style. "I'm a small little guy so it's very hard. Heavy guys are coming and want to kill you every time. The ice is so small, it's harder for me than in Switzerland where it's bigger."

Not only is the physical play in the WHL going to take some time getting used to, Arnold says adjusting to the smaller rink surface has been hard. "It makes a difference. Back home at I had more space to make my moves. Here I have a lot less space for my skills, but it's still working here so I'm excited."

The import forward has found success in the pre season, leading the Warriors in scoring with four goals and seven points.

Is Arnold enjoying his time in the Friendly City?

"It's very cool, I like it here so far. Small town, it's a hockey town, I like the fans, the rink, it's awesome here."

He says his teammates have helped him getting used to living an ocean away from his family and friends. "They help me very good, it's a very good team. A lot of leaders here and they've helped me a lot."

Arnold and the Warriors are back on the ice at Mosaic Place this afternoon for practice. They're getting ready for their final pre season games coming up this weekend against Saskatoon.

The home and home series starts Friday in Moose Jaw and then moves up to Saskatoon Saturday.

Just a reminder that Friday's game marks the return of Warriors Hockey on Country 100. James Gallo, Derek Kletzel, and Marc Smith are on the air with the Westrum Lumber Timber Mart Pre Game Show at 6:55pm both nights.

If you're looking for tickets to Friday's pre season game, or would like to inquire about season tickets or single game tickets, call the Warriors Office, 694-5711 or go online to mjwarriors.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment