Friday, July 8, 2011
Congrats Bob Bartlett!
Here's a little bit about Bob, taken from the Hurricanes website
Years involved with the club: July 1990 to November 1995
Career Highlights:• The city of Lethbridge lost its WHL franchise at the end of the 85-86 season when the Broncos moved back to Swift Current. However acting in his capacity of city manager of Lethbridge, Bob Bartlett became one of the key players in the return of the WHL to Lethbridge.
• Bartlett garnered city financial support for the group that was trying to bring the WHL back to Lethbridge and his lobbying and hard work greatly assisted the group that brought the Calgary Wranglers to Lethbridge for the 1987-88 season - becoming the Lethbridge Hurricanes.
• Bartlett also spent 11 seasons as a scout with the Broncos
• Bartlett then became the General Manager of the Lethbridge Hurricanes in the 1990-91 season and the club reached the playoffs in 4 of the 5 seasons under this guidance. This included the 90-91 season in which the team finished first in the East and lost out in the WHL finals to Spokane.
• Bob Bartlett was inducted in the Alberta Hockey Hall of Fame in 2010 and received the 2009 Hockey Alberta Hockey Development Award.
• He is also a proud inductee into the Lethbridge Sports Hall of Fame and received the Hockey Alberta Centennial Award in 2007