Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Beach Report

Last season, the Moose Jaw Warriors acquired Cody Beach from the Calgary Hitmen.  His 6’6 frame made an immediate impact for the tribe and soon became a fan favourite amongst Moose Jaw fans. With a team high and nearly WHL high 230 penalty minutes, Beach is always a guy the opposition takes notice to.  With 49 points in 57 games last season, Beach’s offensive touch is just another asset to his game. 

Fans will remember the moment nearing the end of the season when Cody Beach took a hit from a Regina Pat, sending him limping from the ice and out for the duration of the 2011 playoffs.  So, how is Cody? “It’s great (the knee), it has to be just as strong or stronger than my right knee now.  I did a lot of rehab with my trainer Scott Hebert who got it back to playing shape in no time,” said Beach of his late season injury. 

With a quick rehab and determined attitude, Cody Beach was given very exciting news on July 1st.  Cody was signed by the St. Louis Blues, the team that drafted him in 2010 in the 5th round.  “It feels really good to have it off my shoulders; I don’t think it has really sunk in yet--- but its great to be one more step closer towards my goal of being a professional hockey player,” said Beach of his recent signing. 

Cody is working hard and getting himself ready for the upcoming season during the off season.  Beach says his summer training is intense.  “It’s very difficult—a lot of heavy lifting, speed work and cardio. Being with a lot of quality players during my training helps push myself to limits I never imagined I could do.”


The new Downtown Events Centre is nearing completion along with the new season.  Beach is ready. “I am very excited… I already have an itch to get back.  It’s going to be awesome coming into a new facility with a championship contending team,” he said. 


Cody will be hitting Moose Jaw in August for training camp and an exciting 2011/12 season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment