Warriors Comeback to Beat Pats
The Moose Jaw Warriors scored two goals in the third period last night to come from behind and beat the Regina Pats 4-3 in the Brandt Centre. Spencer Edwards had a goal and two points; Andrew Johnson, Morgan Rielly, and Sebastian Svendsen had one goal each; Collin Bowman and Quinton Howden had two assists each; Cody Beach had one assist; Thomas Heemskerk made 20 saves in the win. Jordan Weal scored two goals for the Pats; Damien Ketlo made 30 saves in the loss. Moose Jaw was 1/6 on the power play and 4/4 on the penalty kill.
Tonight is the eighth and final meeting of the regular season between the Warriors and Regina Pats. Moose Jaw is 6-0-1 against Regina, posting a 3-0 record at home and 3-0-1 record on the road. The Warriors have outscored the Pats 33-23. Tonight also marks their final game inside Civic Centre.
Quinton Howden leads the Warriors with two goals and 12 points against Regina; Dylan Hood has six goals and 11 points; Spencer Edwards has five goals and 10 points; Antonin Honejsek has five goals and eight points; Collin Bowman has eight assists; Sebastian Svendsen has five goals and seven points; Morgan Rielly has two goals and five points; Thomas Heemskerk has a 3.28gaa and .879sv%.
Jordan Weal leads Regina with six goals and 11 points against the Warriors; Brandon Davidson has two goals and nine points; Garrett Mitchell has two goals and seven points; Lane Scheidl has one goal and six points; Myles Bell has one goal and five points; Damien Ketlo is 0-4 with a 4.23gaa and .885sv%; Matt Hewitt is 1-2 with a 5.08gaa and .846sv%.
Hot and Cold
- Kendall McFaull has one assist in the last 16 games
- Dallas Ehrhardt has six assists in 13 games
- Collin Bowman has 11 assists in 13 games
- Jesse Paradis has two assists in 10 games
- Cody Beach has two goals and 11 points in the last 13 games
- Sebastian Svendsen has five goals and 13 points in the last 13 games
- Quinton Howden has 12 goals and 25 points in the last 16 games
- Andrew Johnson has five goals and six points in the last 11 games
- Spencer Edwards has seven goals and 16 points in the last 14 games.
- Dylan Hood has eight goals and 20 points in the last 15 games
- Moose Jaw’s power play has 10 goals in the last 10 games (10-for-42)
Head to Head
This is the final game ever at the Moose jaw Civic Centre between the Regina Pats and the Moose Jaw Warriors and the 8 and final game of the season between these two long-time rivals.
Last night, the Pats had 3 separate 1 goal leads, but the Warriors took the lead for the first time with 2:51 left in the hockey game and held onto the 4-3 victory. Jordan Weal scored twice in the loss, while Lane Scheidl picked up a goal and had two assists. Garrett Mitchell and Brandon Davidson also notched a pair of assists for the Pats.
The last time these two teams met in Moose Jaw was on March 1st. the Pats staked themselves out to a 2-0 and 3-2 leads, but the Warriors scored 3 times in the third period for the 5-3 victory. Dyson Stevenson, Ricard Blidstrand and Trent Ouellette all scored for the Pats in the loss, while Damien Ketlo and Matt Hewitt split time in the loss