Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

WARRIORS PROSPECT SPOTLIGHT- MORGAN RIELLY



Warrior prospect Morgan Rielly made quite a splash at last year’s summer camp, impressing the fans and team mates alike thought he could have held his own on the blue line for the tribe. This is Morgan’s legitimate chance at making the squad as a 16 year old. Is there added pressure on Morgan after a big showing at camp and a Telus Cup winning season with the Notre Dame Hounds? “Maybe a little, but I am just happy to be here and show the coaching staff what I can do,” said Rielly.

Morgan says he has just one goal coming into camp-- make the team. “I worked on my speed and quickness during the off season in preparation for the upcoming week,” he said. “I worked out at TWIST this summer in BC, a number of league players trained their too—a few players from the Pats and Rockets,” he added.

Morgan will be taking to the ice with a number of players he looks up to and has had the opportunity to get to know. “Thomas Frazee treats me well, he helps me out whenever he can,” commented Rielly. If he earns a roster spot, Morgan will be part of a young and strong defensive unit, one that contains two 2010 NHL Draft picks. “It’s great to be out their with Dylan McIlrath, after the success he had this past season I hope that will be me in the future,” added Rielly.

No comments:

Post a Comment